30.1.12

Maternity Week Day 1

Being the first day, I thought it only appropriate to highlight the most important element to a pregnant woman's wardrobe-- great jeans!  Great jeans can be used year round with any top, maternity or non.

My recommendation would be this: having at least one great pair, preferrably in a dark wash with a straight to skinny leg.  The tendency for most women is to choose a looser pair, but the jeans can add a slimming effect to almost any top, whether it billows or not, balancing out a growing tummy.  The key here is finding jeans that fit, and are not baggy on the back of the thigh!

(Asos jeans are pictured)

They can be found at:

Target
Old Navy
Asos
Gap
Loft
Lucky Brand
Piperlime

Another alternative to the dark denim is black denim, especially more feasible during the colder months.  It helps create the same, slimmed look that can easily be paired with any variety of tops.



These can be found at:

Motherhood Maternity
Asos
Pea in the Pod
Piperlime
Joes

1 comment:

  1. Jeans and pants were the hardest thing for me to find when I was pregnant since I'm petite (I'm sure you had the same problem). I found some at a pea in the pod that fit but I didn't want to spend that much money on maternity jeans. I found some Heidi Klum skinny jeans at Motherhood and got so many compliments on them all the time. People always asked me if they were maternity or not. I totally agree that skinny/straight jeans are the way to go when you are pregnant!

    I think these are them...but who knows, that was almost two years ago. http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=973160447&MasterCategory_Id=MC28&green=F3B1A5BE-9146-5777-078A-DBCD9B6FD9E5

    ReplyDelete